This FAQ applies only to Gentell personnel because order-handling features are not visible to customers, though customers can often view order statuses through reports.
Fastcare is a comprehensive order processing system that can communicate order status to customers and every level of the organization from placement through collection.
Fastcare collects four types of orders:
- ICD10 Orders placed by Gentell Wound and Product Specialists (single orders that are authorized in batches and signed off on the tablet)
- Stocking or “bulk” orders for cases of wound supplies
- Wound Cleanser bulk orders that are drop-shipped to V.A. locations
- Consumer orders that are paid online and shipped directly to consumers.
Editing Orders After Placement
ICD10 orders that are approved for Part B can be edited to enable, for instance, the appropriately sized covered to be place on a wound. Other orders are not editable because customers place them with the intention of ordering certain quantities of certain products.
Only a Gentell Officer or Fastcare Administrator can edit an order; you must be logged in as a “GO” to edit orders. If a customer is NOT Part B, then the order is not editable; this could be changed, but was designed into the system because non-part-b orders are essentially like stock orders.
Fastcare Statuses for Each Type of Order
Orders for individual residents can undergo several stages including approval and authorization after placement:
- Order is placed.
- Order is authorized by the facility’s doctor. (ICD10 orders only) The doctor considers a group of orders and signs on the Fastcare tablet to approve the batch.
- Order is approved for efficacy: are these products the proper treatment for this wound? Or: is this treatment approved by Medicare? If not, the order may be edited.
- Order is approved by billing. Can this treatment be billed?
ICD10 Orders (Gentell Wound and Product Specialist)
- Saved Order is placed by Wound and Product Specialist
- Inqueue Waiting for Approval
- Billing Person approves and prints the order
STOCKING ORDERS (BULK)
Straight to PICK after it is approved.
Wound Cleanser Orders for the VA
Directly to In queue