THIS ANSWER APPLIES ONLY TO FASTCARE ADMINISTRATORS. THESE SCREENS WILL NOT APPEAR TO MOST USERS OF FASTCARE.
To manage products, login to Fastcare, tap the Products button, then the New Product or Products button.
You will see a screen like the one below that you can fill out as required. When complete, tap the green Update button at the bottom.
NEW PRODUCT FIELDS AS OF SEPTEMBER 2017
Product Level: Choose of these categories:
- Primary Products that are only primary wound dressings
- Secondary Products that are only secondary wound dressings
- Both Products that can be either primary or secondary dressings based on conditions, typically foam products
- None Products that are neither primary or secondary dressings -- for example, wound cleanser, skin care products
Alternate Max allowed by Medicare: When you specify a Product Level of Both, you MUST add an Alternate Max allowed by Medicare. This number replaces the Max allowed by Medicare when certain conditions of the wound apply. All foam products require an Alternative allowed by Medicare. If you have questions about this number, please see the Gentell Chief Operating Officer or VP, Clinical.
- The new product management system adheres strictly to Medicare rules.
- All active collagen products must be in the CLG category.
- All active alginate products must in the AD category.
- All active foam products must be in the FD category.
- How to manage Fastcare Product Categories
- All active foam products require an Alternative allowed by Medicare.
- It is no longer possible to change quantities when editing an order. Medicare rules are used to compute the correct quantity.
Product images are saved in Fastcare and should be square so that the images are not distorted. If you save an oblong image, the image will be forced into the square presentation and appear distorted. To present the best image of the product, use as little border as possible. A very large border will present a very tiny product image, so customers will feel less comfortable with the product they would like to research or buy. Historically, Fastcare images have been 600x600 pixels; however, many Gentell distributors copy images from Fastcare for their marketing, so a 1000x1000 image might be preferable now.
Save product images as JPGs, then tap the Choose File button to select the image, and Update to upload it.
Product Literature and Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
Product literature and Safety Data Sheets are hosted on the Gentell web site in these sub-directories:
Fastcare is hard-wired to look in those directories, so a product manager needs only to (1) upload the PDF to the proper directory and (2) provide the correct file name (including .pdf) in the two file name boxes in the product record. We recommend an FTP program like Filezilla to upload PDFs to the Gentell site.
Test your Brochure and SDS links after adding them in the live site. If you have entered the wrong file name, a brochure or SDS link will appear, but the information itself will not be available.